Wednesday, February 18, 2009

QQC

Quote: "Remember that I have power; you believe yourself miserable, but I can make you so wretched that the light of day will be miserable to you. You are my creator, but I am your master;- obey!"

Question: Why do people assume that having power means being able to have control over people?

Comment: Frankenstein killed one of Victor's brothers, and one of his friends. After agreeing to leave for South America, and never appear again if Victor made him a bride, he becomes enraged when Victor destroys months of work right in front of him. He rushes into Victor's lab and demands an explanation. The creature makes many threats to Victor, but he vows that he will never make another horrible monster, and set it loose upon the world. Frankenstein follows through with his threats, and murders another one of Victor's closest friends, and promises Victor - "I will be with you on your wedding day." It seems as if Frankenstein will never forgive humanity for his miserable treatment.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a great and interesting question to explore! I suppose it is the difference between a good and bad leader.

    ReplyDelete